JOB OPPORTUNITY CONFERENCE MANAGER (PART-TIME)
Fitness Innovations (Thailand) Ltd. is based in Bangkok and is Asia’s first and largest education, training and certification center. We are dedicated to developing world-class fitness professionals in Asia and to building and supporting the larger fitness community.
For the last 12 years we have been organizing the Asia Fitness Conference, which attracts national and international delegates from over 30 countries. We have more than 140 in-person educational sessions, taught by some of the industry’s most successful individuals. There is a vibrant trade show with exhibitors from around the globe, exciting competitions, inspirational showcase sessions and there will be a Saturday Night Get-Together.
To organize all of this, we are looking for an experienced Conference Manager. You will be strengthening our small but highly skilled team and report to the CEO of FIT. Together with the team, you will be responsible for the delivery of the yearly event from start to finish.
Tasks And Responsibilities Include:
- The execution, planning and production of the annual AFC Conference & Expo, from beginning-to-end from a planning to an operational level.
- Speaker management; including daily correspondence, contracting, information gathering, accommodation coordination and managing their financial settlement
- Registration and delegate management; individual communication, registration, feedback, queries, generating weekly reports and managing their financial status
- Exhibition & showcase management; including sales activities, correspondence, planning and contracting
- Maintenance of the website; liaising with website developer, update, making corrections, coordination of the development of the mobile app
- Liaising with suppliers; venue, registration company, AV company, presenter’s hotel, exhibition supplier, printer
- Assist in creating the printed materials, online programme book and signage onsite
- Thai Nationality preferred
- Excellent communication as well as written and oral English and Thai skills
- Pro-active, result-oriented and hands on mentality
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with conference/event management
- Attention to detail, time management and project management skills
- Strong sense of urgency, an ability to meet changing priorities and demanding timescales
- Have a hospitality mindset, from registering delegates/presenters to preparing the end evaluation; you are the guiding the process from start to finish.
- Strong knowledge of the full suite of Microsoft Office products
- A versatile, challenging position with a lot of responsibility and freedom
- An open and flexible work environment
- The position will be for 2 days a week for the first 4 months of the project (October through end of January). The next 5 months (February to end of June) we expect you to work 3 days a week and the last 3 months (July through to early October) you will work fulltime.
- Enthusiastic team of colleagues with an open culture
- Competitive salary, health insurance and benefits
- Never a dull moment!
Please send your resume in English to: [email protected]